This is my “about me” page. My name is Carey, my age is ---….
If you’re still with me let’s do this the right way (plus there’s no way in H-E-Double Toothpick I’m telling you my age until I’m 80 and then I shout it from every rooftop).
|Yes, I really did pet a bobcat!|
My name really is Carey and here’s a snapshot of stuff that will help you survive this blog:
· I am really funny inside my own head. I crack myself up. Somebody has too.
· I’ve learned never to think I’m content. The last several times I’ve thought to myself that “I’m content” God started laughing at my naivete, Jeff ended up in emergency surgery for his knee, my daughter cracked a bone in her foot and we ran out of water in our well – for SIX WEEKS. Always keep moving…
· I travel with a very patient husband and teenage daughter. The patient part doesn’t happen at the same time with both of them so it’s usually a 50/50 deal. I’ll take what I can get.
· We have three professional cameras when we travel. I always take credit for the best picture no matter which camera the image come out of. After all, I’m the only one who knows how to dump the camera onto the laptop and post pictures on Facebook and the Website.
· I will not pay for coffee at the coffee stands. At 3:30 I will take the coffee left over in the pot from the morning, nuke it and save $4.
· On the flip side, I am a terrible (terrible) saver. If I have $10 in my pocket, I spend $11 and rifle through the change compartment in the SUV for the extra buck.
· I don’t carry a purse. I have an SUV.
· I hate change. Not the money stuff, the stuff that is not in my box. The milk will NEVER go on that shelf in the fridge unless I put it there. I don’t even want to talk about the correct way to load the dishwasher.
· Maybe I should state here that I’m a control freak too.
· You never have to guess what I’m thinking. I usually blurt it out and have to ask for forgiveness later. Please forgive me.
· I can’t carry a tune in a bucket that is nailed to my hand. At church I’m not even allowed to clap because I’m always off from everyone else. I have to lip-sync too.
· I can’t draw. Not even stick figures.
· I can’t draw a star either which is Pathetic since I teach little kids. Oh, wait, I can do it left handed on a white board (I’m right handed, go figure).
· I still have to use my fingers for 8+4 and 7+5.
· Did I mention I teach math to little kids? Yeah, well…
· I let God be in charge of my life because my own qualifications are sorely lacking.
· I believe that God put me here for a reason and made me the way He needed me to be – so neener neener neener.